Thursday, July 1, 2010

Black Cabinet Makeover

Revamped Black Cabinet!

Black sliding door cabinet found at tag sale.  Glass from one panel missing. 


Grungy cabinet.  It has a hole in the back, I presume for cords, so you could use this as a media cabinet to hide your whatnots.

When I saw this I thought I could do something with the doors to make it cute and usable.  So I decided to cover some heavy duty cardboard with fabric and use that in place of the missing and broken glass.  It turned out a little shabby chic and I like it.  It's for sale down at M and M and would make a great craft, media, games, art supplies cabinet.  Come check it out if you need some new storage solutions!

Here are some photos of the process of gluing the fabric to the panels to be inserted in place of glass.

The gluing worked really well and made the panels even stiffer.  By using this method, someone could change the  fabric quite easily by covering over existing panels or just creating new panels to attach different fabric to.  Simple, simple.


View of the new and improved black cabinet.

Another view.

With doors slid open to the middle.


Got a project you've been working on?  Do share.

Create, make, do.  Be awesome, pay attention, and keep breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! I have yet to figure out how to comment back to you if you leave me a comment but i do super duper appreciate it and love comments! thanks!