Thursday, June 7, 2012

Green Cart

this is one of my favorite things in my house, this green cart or trolley, as i just discovered it is called in the UK.
my dad gave me this cart/trolley for my birthday a few years ago.
he knows me well.
and yes, in this photo it is a mess, but normally it is used as our "nature table" (as if the whole house hasn't already become our "nature table"!)
it's that boho naturalist styling thing i go for...

my dearest friend Suze just lent me her copy of the UK Country Living magazine, Country Home.
it is a gorgeous magazine filled with inspiring images and ideas.
and on page 113, in the decorate your kitchen section, look what i found:

my cart!
the trolley my dad gave me was found at a gardening center in eastern washington. 
i wonder where the UK twin was discovered?
quelle coincidence!

in other news, smashing rubbish news, today is the last thursday that the shop is officially open until fall!
i will have the shop open EVERY Friday and Saturday, unless otherwise posted, but i won't be open other days unless i get a wild hair, a spontaneous burst of shop opening energy, or some random urging to open it up.
if you see lots of cool loot out on the sidewalk in front of the shop, that means i have given into the random, wild, spontaneous urge and opened the doors for the day!
otherwise, you can expect to find us open EVERY Friday and Saturday thru the summer, noon to 6pm.
come see us when we are open and plan ahead if you need Smashing Rubbish merch for a gift or event.
my phone number and email are posted on the shop window so you are welcome to call for a viewing appointment as well, any time, and i will do my best to accommodate you!

thank you for your continued support and kindness friends!
i am going to take time this summer to get my balance, play with my kids, and be creative in ways i have not had time for this past year.  thanks for hanging in here with me, checking in , and leaving your sweet comments.  i will be continuing to blog and document all my finds, projects and experiences here so stick with me a little longer as we return to our regularly scheduled programming!

heading to the ocean for the weekend while kathy tends shop,
xoxoxo
jennette




4 comments:

  1. Lovely! Green is one of my favorite colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great cart! Yours is cooler though, it has a gnome
    peaking out the top!

    Have fun at the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neighbor! you are welcome to come by and see it in person any time! xo jennette

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! I have yet to figure out how to comment back to you if you leave me a comment but i do super duper appreciate it and love comments! thanks!