Friday, September 24, 2010

Lost Things



I can't remember how or where I came upon this video.  I am sure it was in some other blog post, in my google reader, way back when.  I have had it bookmarked forever and a day so I finally want to share it here, with you.  Prepare to have your mind blown because it is BEAUTIFUL and MAGICAL!!

I LOVE stop motion!  And claymation too but that's another post!  I was so delighted to see Mr. Yen's papercuts in this video.  Notice the whale.  I have had Mr. Yen's Etsy sight tagged as a favorite for a long, long time.  But I've not had the opportunity to purchase a whimsical piece from him yet.

My current absolute favorite full-length stop motion film is Fantastic Mr. Fox.  J'adore everything about it!  The featured voices, Wes Anderson, the animals!  I will have to find the HBO "making of" video to show you.  It's so great.  I digress....

Lost Things is a short 2 minute stop motion film.  It was written and directed by Angela Kohler and Ithyle Griffiths.  And features Alison Sudol of A Fine Frenzy
So much about this video thrills and delights me.  The mood, the strangeness, the objects, the magic, the hole, the things.  Its ALL so appealing to me.  I could watch it over and over.  Well, I do watch it over and over!  Share it with your kids!  They will find it fascinating!

Here's to a lovely little weekend!
Cheers!
xo
Jennette

2 comments:

  1. Hey mom :D
    this video is awesome.
    so is your blog...i like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Can i be a teenager for a minute and use those three words.Beyond beautiful, so so amazing. my heart is actually beating a bit faster...AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! I have yet to figure out how to comment back to you if you leave me a comment but i do super duper appreciate it and love comments! thanks!