Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Breathe Owl Breathe and Smith





Had an amazing Monday night! Who woulda thunk it?! Got to see Breathe Owl Breathe at a house concert in Seattle (bottom two photos) and went to Smith for the first time to try their awesome drinks (photo of beer) and food. The atmosphere at Smith made me feel right at home with all its taxidermy and portrait paintings. Just like being in my own house! If it weren't for B.O.B. playing up the street at 8pm, I could have sat at Smith all night drinking, switching back and forth from Cardinal 75s to Allagash White pints on tap. I know, I know, not supposed to mix grapes and grains, but they are both so yummy! The menue at Smith is certainly gastro-pub fare with so many dishes looking so delicious that it was very hard to choose. Everyone raves about the Smith Burger so I had it this time and will try something different next time. Chad had the Cuban style Pork and Ham Sandwich. We both also wanted the Braised Oxtail, Roasted Lamb, Mac and Cheese with housemade sausage, and Hanger Steak but, alas, dont have stomachs large enough to consume all that in one sitting!
After our fine dining adventure we got to see a band we discovered at Pickathon last summer, Breathe Owl Breathe, at a house concert with about 20 other folks. It was so fun (see happy photo of Chad!), refreshing, and exciting to be up close and personal with such incredible musicians. We are headed to Portland this weekend to catch some more of them when they perform at Live Wires 6th anniversary live radio show and again on Saturday night when they play at The Woods, an old funeral parlor turned into a performance space. Portland deserves many other posts of its own but I just have to say here.... I LOVE Portland!! OK, anyhow, B.O.B. will be at Pickathon again this year along with many other superb bands, including The Fruit Bats, who I have not seen yet but am so excited that I will! Visit the Pickathon website to discover for yourself some new talent and let me know what you like and love. With Pickathon, you can't go wrong! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! I have yet to figure out how to comment back to you if you leave me a comment but i do super duper appreciate it and love comments! thanks!